hatched by 2 chicks

the incredible adventures of two mamas making and raising our chickadee...or the crafty adventures of chick's mama....

Sunday, July 22, 2007

hiccups!

Chickadee has hiccups - er - I'm just finally feeling them from the outside. I had this question on my list to ask our midwife last week, but I skipped it because I figured it was silly and I knew chickadee was having them (or at least capable of having them), I just wasn't feeling them yet.

So, a few hours after our appointment with GB, I was laying down and started to feel that tell-tale bump...bump...bump...bump in a very rhythmic fashion. I started to tear up immediately and then called mama Lucy over to feel. Our little darling had the hiccups! Sooooooooo cute. It's just such a sweet, sweet little thing.

We now feel them about once or twice a day. Chickadee is still quite active, moving LOTS. My hormones seem to turn on like a flooding faucet some days and just flow to a trickle on others. Some days I just feel waaaaaayyyyy more pregnant than I am. Other days, I feel great! It's so interesting how my body has just taken off to support this pregnancy. It really is amazing and I feel so privaleged to feel every bit of it.

Mama Lucy and I are beginning to clear out space for chickadee. Our closets are experiencing a make over as I'm getting super eager to pull out all the baby clothes and wash them and organize everything.

And, now my belly is really gathering comments from strangers. A woman at Guero's told me the other day that I was still so small to be due in October. But just today someone commented that I still had a long way to go until October, and she thought I was going to say I was due very soon. Whatever. Thankfully I'm wise enough to deflect the riffraff peanut gallery comments. My belly is perfectly perfect and chickadee is growing just fine.

Blow a kiss!




Oilcloth bibs and a blanket for one of chickadee's friends is on the sewing table this week. More pics later!

Labels: , ,