hatched by 2 chicks

the incredible adventures of two mamas making and raising our chickadee...or the crafty adventures of chick's mama....

Monday, May 28, 2007

More than 1/2 way there

We're more than half way through our pregnancy with chickadee and I'm starting to feel like putting on the breaks. It's going waaaaaaaaayyyyyy too fast now. I'm totally excited to meet chickadee but I'm also having so much fun with my body and playing with the baby inside. I finally feel so terrific to be pregnant and I want this part to last a while!

Chickadee continues to grow more and more. Each day I can feel the movements getting more, uh, well, more muscle behind them! Mama lucy even feels the movements from the outside. Chickadee has a nifty timer that tells me when to eat a snack. I get lots of tumbles and jabbing when it's time for me to eat! And then of course, at night, our baby is really active.

Last night I had a killer charlie horse. It's so insulting to be woken up from blissful sleep in sharp, stabbing pain! Mama lucy jumped up and tried to get my foot flexed to make it stop. Bless her, she felt lost and helpless in the midst of my pain(lucy interjects here that I didn't feel lost and helpless,necessarily. Just tired and disoriented. I didn't know what or where she was hurting--I thought for just a second that she was in the midst of pushing or that a giant mosquito had bitten her nose but then I finally found her leg). It's still sore today, but arnica helps. You better believe I was taking note of my reaction to the pain and thinking of labor! It's impossible not to make a connection there.

I'm off to a Birth Warrior Weekend Retreat and also a yummy vacation with Mama Lucy in Santa Barbara this week. It will be so wonderful to share this all with chickadee in the belly. Our little friend Ezra tells us that Chickadee is a girl and blows kisses to the belly and waves hi and goodbye to chickadee! I am just spilling over with excitement for the moment that Ezra can meet chickadee on the outside!

Wave hello to chickadee!


Labels: ,