Adventures in Diaper Inserts
So, a while back, I stocked up on some hemp jersey and hemp fleece I found online for cheap. I washed it a billion times to get it to be super, duper absorbent and it's been waiting in my sewing closet to be cut and sewn for diaper inserts.
You should have seen me trying to mathematically figure out how many inserts I could get out of this strip of fabric with the least waste. I really wish I'd paid attention in Geometry more. Or maybe it's Algebra that would have helped. Anyway, I got so caught up in doing it "right" that my sensible self took control of the scissors and started cutting. I got a HUGE pile of inserts out of this strip of fabric and had remarkably little waste. Yea! I did it!
Or so I thought. This is what happens when you cut stretchy fabric out on the wrong grain/bias.
this is what it's supposed to look like:
Voila! Curly diaper inserts. Mama Lucy said it might be the start of a super trend and maybe because they're curly, they're also super absorbent. Not likely. But I have to remind myself that these are for PEE & POO! They don't have to be pretty. Thankfully I've got yards and yards left that I will surely be cutting out the right way so we don't have this curly problem.
I've noticed an interesting new sensation, as of last week. I have this "buzzing" or "stretching" sensation in a 1-2 inch patch on the upper, right side of my belly/uterus. It's right under my ribcage. It comes and goes all day long. It feels like there's a TENS unit there, pulsing on and off. It's very interesting. I asked our midwife if it's possible to feel your uterus stretching. She said, "anything's possible." So, I'm reporting it here, cuz if you've had this sensation when you were pregnant, I want to know about it. I don't feel like it's a baby part, but it really could be. This baby's bum palpates really well and it's nowhere near that area. And why is it just that little patch under my right ribs? Very mysterious.
And, in the VERY Pregnant category - the heartburn is winning and I'm on my knees begging for mercy. Last night I drank Apple Cider Vinegar to make the firey burping stop. It worked. I'm feeling it coming on again, so I'm off to drink more salad dressing....
Oh the littles - they're so worth it, right?
Labels: chick accessories, sewing, VERY pregnant


<< Home