today
You know where we've been.
Hughland !
It's great fun and it's keeping us hopping busy. But, today we passed a little milestone. Sidenote: Can I tell you how amazingly fun and exhilerating it is to see all the changes, DAILY!? I am so so so lucky that I get to witness these tiny little amazing events. My heart flutters and aches. and flutters. and aches again.
Today - while alternating between his downward dog pose (bum in the air, hands splayed on the floor and tippy toes teetering), Hugh discovered that tasting the things he touches might be interesting. Up until today, he's been satisfied with just inspecting little things on the floor with his hands and mostly pointer fingers. sooooooo cute when he points to something and flicks at it with that little fat pointer! The little things he finds are bugs (alive and not), dust balls, lint, threads and fabric scraps, pebbles, mud from Evie's toes, knots embedded in the hardwood floors.....etc. Today, I watched as for the VERY FIRST TIME EVER, Hugh did the most simple and most amazing thing. After flicking, he put a piece of lint in his mouth to taste it. This is HUGE!
It's huge because I feel we might be one step closer to entertaining the idea of solid food. I've tried all kinds of foods and he looks absolutely insulted by everything that's not breastmilk. But, with this thing today, although it seems tiny, I feel we're moving closer. And, it was just so darn cute.
There's so much more. he's two seconds from crawling. pulls up his legs under his body - even did the one knee forward, next knee forward manuver today. But he doesn't know what else to do so he just falls flat right after that. He absolutely LOVES moving around on the floor. He's fully mobile and can drag and scooch to wherever he wants to be. Evie loves cleaning up the spittle trail he leaves too.
He's manic for Qtips too. We have to get it on video. He will drag himself (military style) to inspect a Qtip. Isn't it amazing what interests the little people?
This guy is so amazing - truly amazing. Here's some pics....
First Airplane Trip ~ To Tulsa, OK to visit Grandma Lou
Hugh adores Evie and Evie adores Hugh.
Severe Cuteness. Severe.
Labels: Hugh Baby


<< Home