hatched by 2 chicks

the incredible adventures of two mamas making and raising our chickadee...or the crafty adventures of chick's mama....

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Advent Update 9, 10, 11, 12 + Grandparents!












Hugh with Grandma Coultas




Hugh with Grandpa Coultas




Mama Lanell's folks came to Texas on a whirlwind visit. Grandpa installed a new faucet in Lanell's bathroom and the toilet sprayer on Hugh's toilet for rinsing his diapers. More than you all wanted to know, I'm sure! But this thing is AWESOME!

Grandma enjoyed cuddling Hugh and talking to him. I took advantage of having free arms and ran around like a maniac getting things done - sewing, laundry, cooking, A SHOWER! Hugh is super smiley lately and loves loves loves to interact up close. He continues to be fascinated with his feet, even if they're covered with socks or booties.

Hugh had a blowout poop at the salon today. Lucy was carrying him in the moby wrap and we heard an explosive poop and both looked at each other. Not two seconds later, the poop is flying out of his pant's leg and dripping down Mama Lucy's hands. The stylist was horrified at the yellow, runny poop, but quickly threw a towel over the spot on the floor. I, on the other hand, feel mighty proud of that gorgeous yellow poop explosion! The stylist squealed, "ewwww, why is it so yellow?" teee heee.

Amazingly, Lucy saved her own outfit, but Hugh's was toast and the moby wrap got an inaugural washing. Fun with poop! I don't know whether to be jealous or relieved that Lucy always gets the explosive, containment failure poops. I mean, there's something about opening a diaper and inspecting what Hugh produces, that gives a breastfeeding mama some pride.

Labels: