hatched by 2 chicks

the incredible adventures of two mamas making and raising our chickadee...or the crafty adventures of chick's mama....

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

detail on "Rosa"

although the other pics don't show the detail, i have sewn individual seed beads and and coordinating sequence on each of the cowgirls. here's a picture of the detail on Rosa's collar. Picture isn't very good, but you get the idea.



Each cowgirl is mounted onto two pieces of felt and the edges sewn. Then, I blanket stitched it to the book page. Originally, in my mind, I saw peices of hemp string for "lassos" but couldn't figure out how to make it look good and just wanted the darn project done, so i left them out.

I'm thinking I'll sew the left over cowgirls onto onesies and t-shirts and incorporate the hemp lassos on those.

and, in case you're wondering, yes, this book is indeed a choking hazard DELUXE. it will be loved by chickadee with much supervision. But I think she can handle it.

Labels: ,